lundi 3 octobre 2016

Literature & paintings (acrylic + collage + pencil)

Since I was a child, I’ve been a bookworm, a voracious reader, even before being able to read. Books have always had a very strong attractive force on me. I used and I still use to get lost in books, to travel while reading. My love for litterature can be seen in some of my paintings. The two paintings of the day are dedicated to Gabriel García Márquez, the great Colombian writer, one of the most famous representatives of the „magic realism“. He’s one of the many Latin-American authors (with Jorge Amado, Pablo Neruda, Isabelle Allende and Marío Vargas Llosa) who became part of my reading environment since my Spanish was good enough to understand his books correctly. For those paintings, I copied and printed pages of books by the Colombian writer and pasted them on acrylic paintings of mine. Enjoy !



Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire