vendredi 14 octobre 2016

When Mexico meets Peru - Part II (collages + acrylic)

In the latest article, I explained why and how I created an artistic bridge between Peru and Mexico using collage. Here are two new collages about the same topic. The only difference : I painted on the collages to add more dynamism and colours on them. The moon-sun is a very famous Mexican symbol you can also see in most Latin America countries. Walking in the streets, it's not rare to see it painted on walls or printed on t-shirts. It represents duality : life-death. masculinity-feminity, night-day. good-bad,... Since my nearly initiatory journey to Mexico, this symbol appears very often in my paintings and drawings. It keeps fascinating me. The tree represents life, wisdom and nature. The building on the first one is the aztec temple I've seen in Palenque (Mexico). Visiting this place, I felt something very strong, nearly spiritual. The sky above it is in fact the Pacific Ocean I photographed in Trujillo (Peru). The mountain on this one, but also on the other picture are the one that surround Trujillo in a very arid landscape which was the homeland of Moche's Pre- Colombian culture.



Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire