mardi 25 octobre 2016

The art as a bridge builder : from Switzerland to Brazil.

The story of those four paintings is a bit special. At first, there was a great picture made by my dear Brazilian friend Patricia who is a very gifted photographer (check her artist website to be absolutly convinced : http://patijeronimo.wixsite.com/patriciajeronimo). This picture of a friend of her inspired me as soon as I saw it. Four paintings were born after a very creative process. The first one remind us of Venice carnival masks. This one has been part of the first exhibition I participated in (Delémont - Switzerland). A copy I sold to a friend is now exposed in his flat in Luxembourg. The second one is a collage using pieces of the picture pasted on an acrylic painting. The third one represent a mask (a part of Patricia's picture) on a dune in the desert, below a pure blue sky. Finally, the fourth one is the product of a collaborative artistic process. At first I painted a face inspired by the picture Patricia took. Then I sent it to her who showed it to a friend who is a Brazilian poet. She got inspired by my painting and added on it a poem she wrote : « Being jealous, the sun painted the face bronze ». To be honest, I’m not totally satisfied by this painting, I’m thinking about doing a better one. But I love this concept of collaboration between artists coming from different countries and cultures. Between artists using different means of artistic communications : painting, poetry and photography. Art is global. Each art’s family is connected the one to the other. The American painter Edward Hopper has been deeply influenced by the cinema. Mafia movies has influenced thousands of rappers. Many movies are novel’s adaptation (one of the best being Kubrick’s Shining). So long and so forth. Art is also a bridge builder between different countries and cultures. To bridge the gap is one the most noble missions of art.








Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire