mercredi 18 janvier 2017

Flying Dog In The Swiss Alps

This painting belongs to the category of paintings I’m not sure I really like. Some days I do, some others I don’t.

For this one, I try new things, new styles. It’s very important for me to regularly try to reinvent one’s art, even if sometimes the resultat isn’t really convincing. I’m quite easily bored, so I need constantly to try and live new things. I’m not really used to paint lanscapes, but when I saw a great picture of the Swiss Alps with this tiny white dog walking on this small path in the middle of very green grass and huge mountains, I had to rush on my paintbrushes to create something out of it.

This painting isn’t technically perfect, at all. It makes me think of the naive art of Rousseau (I’m not comparing myself to this legendary French painter…ok?). Being used to create drawings with thousands of details, it sometimes hard for me to decide not to add too many details on my paintings. For this one, I succeeded in my mission : the colours structures are very simple. The sky is made of a pure homogeneous blue colour. The dark mountain is a big shape without any details. Even the dog look like a white peanut or a sheep without legs, tail or ears. Being so minimalist means for me a big struggle against my inclination to do too much.


What I like the most about this painting is its strangeness. The dogs with its weird shadow looks like he is flying over the path. We don’t really  know what he’s doing there alone in the middle of moutains. Maybe its owner is following him. Maybe he’s guarding sheeps. We don’t really know…and I love it. The spectator is free to interpret its meaning, to narrate its story…or simply to admire (or hate it) without looking for any meanings. Yeah I think art doesn‘t always need to have meaning, sometimes it’s purely aestethic.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire