lundi 9 janvier 2017

Across the Adriatic Sea - From Slovenia to Trieste

They use to compare this small country called Slovenia to mine : Switzerland. They call it the Switzerland of the Balkans. Not only because of its size, but also because it belongs to the countries blessed by the presence of the Alps. Even its inhabitants have many common points with Swiss people : quiet and polite (I know I shouldn't write such cliché as an anthropologist...my university teachers would burn my diploma for such nonsense). But Slovenia, like my country, is also a cultural and geographical crossroad. Slovenia is also Austria, Italy and Croatia. The best exemple may be the food : all those countries have influenced what you'll eat when you'll visit Slovenia. It's a tiny country where you can hike in the mountains, then walk in wild forests, visit the famous island of Bled with a church on it...and then have a peaceful swim in the Adriatic Sea in Koper near a rocky beach where nearly nobody goes (if possible at sunset) - all in a small perimeter. More than anything, Slovenia is a peaceful place which is like a regenerative oasis that welcome you when you need some rest in this sometimes overactive world. Here some pictures I took during my trip in 2013. PS : even if it doesn't appear on this article (the pictures I took there weren't good enough), its capital Ljubjlana is definitely worth being seen.

Piran (Slovenia)



Koper (Slovenia)



Trieste (Italy)







Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire