lundi 14 novembre 2016

Nomad Soul - Huanchaco

Like most of my drawings and paintings, this one is about travels. About limitless horizons. The pictures I added acryllic paint lines on, is a picture I took when I was in Huanchaco, a small town close to Trujillo (Peru). In the background, we can see dusk falling on the Pacific Ocean. In the foreground, two boats are standing on the sand. They highlight a third one in the Ocean. Those boats, called « caballitos de totora » ( = little totora horses), were already used by Chimu and Moche cultures centuries ago to fish. The lines I painted on this pictures represent the omnipresence of colours in Latin America countries.


When I showed this painting to Fabienne, a friend of mine who is an anthropologist, she very spontanenously wrote those few beautiful lines : « Voyages, lignes et cassures de vie, carrefours et incompréhension. » (Travels, lines and breaks of life, crossroads and misunderstanding). She’s the author of a book based on a study about Swiss Alps moutain hut’s evolution : « Les cabanes de montagnes ».


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire