lundi 19 décembre 2016

My first encounter with Poland

Let’s inaugurate the first (of many more to come) article comenting pictures I took while travelling on this small blue planet. Our first destination is Poland during the 2014’s summer. My sweet old camera that travelled with me in Latin America was broken, so I bought a new one. I didn’t have much money, so I bought the cheapest one I’ve found. By chance, this new one has an option the last one didn’t have : we can select a particular color while shooting. This very simple option brought my picture to another level and gave more spaces for my creativity. Poland was the first place where I used this colours option.

The colourful building picture was taken while we made a stop with the bus during our very long trip from Switzerland to Poland (my legs and my back could could testify). This is a typical Soviet-influenced tower we can see in most European countries that have been invaded or at least influenced by the former USSR. This one caught my attention because of its colours that made its gray monotony a bit less sad. Plus that was a good excuse to test my new camera colours option.

Most of those pictures have been taken in the capital, Warsaw. When I was there, that was very special days for Polish people : that was the 70th birthday of the insurerrection against the nazis occupiers that caused the death of several hundreds of thousands of Polish people killed by the Germans. While I was walking in the streets of Warsaw, an alarm rang. People suddenly stopped moving and speaking for some minutes. That was a very moving moment dedicated to the fallen rebels. The red candles we see on the pictures had been lit as a tribute for the victims of those dramatic events.

The picture with the boat and the one with the spiral staircase have been taken in Frombork, the city where Copernicus has been buried.

















Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire